Saturday, November 3, 2012

Esha Deol turns 31 years some photos

Esha Deol is hardly seen on the big screen, but the recently-married actress, a trained Odissi dancer, says she will never quit dance.

 

The 31-year-old Esha told "It's (dance) a convention passed on to me and Ahana (sister) by maa (Hema Malini) and I will continue doing it. Dance is something that I am never going to quit,"

.

Esha, tied the knot with her businessman beau Bharat Takhtani in June.

So far, the actress had only performed the dance style with her mother Hema Malini and sister Ahana, but she delivered a solo performance this time.


After having made her debut in Bollywood with the not-so-successful "Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe", Esha later featured in hit movies like "Dhoom", "Yuva" and "No Entry". Her career then plateaued, but she has no regrets.

 





I am very happy that I got to be in the industry for 12 years. I think ups and downs happen in every one's career; without those, you wouldn't know how it is to work," she says




When I did my first film, there was immediately this comparison with the parents, who had done 100 films! So that kind of comparison exerts pressure. Otherwise, it sure is a blessing to be born in a proper Punjabi family where no one has the guts to mess around with a girl," she said.




And how has marriage changed her life? "It's much the same," she says.



Earlier, we were seeing each other; so it's not so different. It's just that the husband-wife roles come with more responsibilities," she says

 


So will acting now take the back seat? And does a married actress get short shrift in Bollywood?

 

 



"I wouldn't really know, yet. I haven't experienced that, since I've just been married. But I feel encouraged that actresses like Kajol and Madhuri Dixit are back and working," she said.



Esha even walked the ramp with her handsome husband at the India Bridal Fashion Week 2012, for jewellery brand "Azva"."I was very excited. This was the first time I walked the ramp with Bharat. It was a lovely collection with seven "vows", and we had taken our vows so recently. It was perfect," she says.












On the big screen, Esha was last seen in "Tell Me O Kkhuda", directed by her mother. It was flagged as Esha's comeback film, but it failed to click at the box office.


Newly-wed actress Esha Deol says she will now accept only those roles that suit her family life.


The 31-year-old, who married businessman Bharat Takhtani June 29 this year, told IANS: "If something comes my way and if it suits my family situation, I will take it up. It has to be a respectable character, for I can't be doing 'Dhoom'-kind roles now."


Talking of her future plans, she said, "I have a home production firm and I am starting television production soon. Of course, my classical dance engages me too."

 

The actress said that she had no film roles in the pipeline, as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment